|Course Type||Course Code||No. Of Credits|
Semester and Year Offered: Winter Semeser 2017, Monson Semester 2018
Course Coordinator and Team: Shivaji K Panikkar
Email of course coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-requisites: : None, open for all MA programmes
- To help the students to explore and develop critical thinking and writing.
- To develop understanding on criticality in cultural practices and developing ability in articulating ideas and enabling thinking.
- Developing critical appreciation of a work of art/literature/film/performance.
- Developing basic skills of description, critical analysis, conceptualizing critical point of view from within critical frameworks, historical contextualization of the critical perspectives, and articulation of critical directions in relation to specific object of study.
- Developing meta-critical analysis of a piece of writing on art/literature/film/performance. Developing basic skills of understanding historical insights while reading, in concept analysis, in developing critical frameworks and articulation of ideas in relation to the specific object of study.
Brief description of modules/ Main modules:
The two projects:
A critical appreciation of a work of art/literature/film/performance.
A meta-critical analysis of a piece of writing on art/literature/film/performance.
Assessment Details with weights:
- 2 end-term papers: 40%
- Interaction and participation in discussions: 40%
- Class attendance, regularity: 20%
Reading List & ADDITIONAL REFERENCE:
No specific reading list is provided. Students select their own particular texts and work of art/literature/film/performance for analysis.